Effective Date: October 1, 2018
In this Policy, “you” means any person who interacts with us, including visiting our websites, corresponding with us, or calling us on the phone.
What Information We Collect
We collect a variety of types of information including:
Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address;
- Correspondence information, including information about and information included in your emails or other written communications with us;
- Call recordings and voicemail message transcripts, including information about your call and information you share when you call us on the phone or leave us a voicemail; and
- Device and browsing information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or other device, and online browsing activity (collectively, “automatically collected information”). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our websites, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming to and after leaving our websites, how you navigate and what you search for using our websites, the website pages and items you view using our websites, and the items you purchase.
How We Collect Information
We collect information on our websites and through email and other communications and interactions with you. We also obtain information from you and from third parties. We collect and obtain information:
- You provide, such as when you make a purchase, visit or use our websites, place an order with us, contact us, register for an online account, participate in a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey, engage in a promotional activity, apply for employment, or sign up for emails or marketing;
- From MonumentMerch, as well as our other affiliates, parents, and subsidiaries with whom you have interacted;
- From third parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, third parties that provide us with information about you and the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with; 28347321.2 DRAFT 8/22/18
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our websites or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. For example, if you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our websites (for example, to share purchases and other content from our websites with your friends and followers on social media), we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us. For more information about social media platform and network privacy practices, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use;
How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect and obtain to conduct our business and to provide you with the products, services, and experiences that you request or that we think may be of interest to you. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain with other information that we collect or obtain, including but not limited to information obtained from third parties with which we choose to work. We use information:
- To provide you with products and services, and to offer you products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- To respond to you, when you correspond with us by email or otherwise communicate with us, make a request or inquiry, enter a contest or sweepstakes, complete a survey, or share a comment or concern; 28347321.2 DRAFT 8/22/18
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to remember your interests and preferences, personalize website content, customize the products and services we share with you, track and categorize your activity and interests on our websites (including by identifying the different devices you use), and to enrich your experience on our website;
- To provide social media features;
- For marketing and advertising, to send you marketing and advertising communications, to segment and build audiences and engage in interest-based advertising, and to personalize the marketing and advertising that we show you (for choices about marketing and advertising, see the “Your Choices” Section below);
- For analytics, to understand how you use our websites, analyze our websites traffic, understand how you shop with us, determine the methods and devices used to access our websites, and improve our websites and associated products and services;
- For our business purposes, to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities, to maintain our programs, accounts, and records, for research, to determine your satisfaction with our products and services, to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services, to enforce, apply or comply with any of our terms or policies, including but not limited to this Policy, and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal, contractual, and safety purposes to defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; verify your identity or communications from you; comply with contracts and other agreements to which we are a party; notify you of changes to our terms, policies and practices; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
How We Share Information
Online Advertising, Analytics and Other Third Parties
Updates to This Policy 28347321.2 DRAFT 8/22/18 We may make changes to this Policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our websites and/or by other means, and we will update the effective date at the top of this Policy. By continuing to use our websites after being notified of material changes to this Policy, you agree that the terms of this Policy as of the effective date will apply to information previously collected or collected in the future.